Thursday 25 August 2011

How have you treat Ramadhan so far?

I have been wanting to share Ramadhan experiences and I guess I finally have the chance to; pardon me for taking this long to come up with one.

Firstly, I would like to thank all those who took some time in doing a short write-up of your Ramadhan's goals, be it personally or collectively, it's greatly appreciated.

So, we are already fast approaching the end of the holy month in the Islamic calendar. In less than a week, we are welcoming Syawal, a month of celebration upon successfully performing the holy month of Ramadhan. Now, it is about time that we start sharing and reflecting upon ourselves how far we have managed through this blessed holy month.

As I have assured those who took time to share their write-ups and email them personally, I am glad to include them in this post. (Some posts will be in Bahasa Melayu)

Yika Yiku wrote :


Aku percaya pada nawaitu dan bagi aku dengan hanya berbekalkan niat puasa, itu sudah cukup kerana sepanjang zamanku sebagai seorang pelajar rantauan selama dua tahun (2009-2010), aku berpuasa tanpa keluarga disisiku.Kenangan Ramadhan yang tidak akan dapat ku lupakan ialah pada tahun lepas iaitu tahun kedua aku sebagai seorang pelajar di Subang Jaya. Nawaitu yang telah aku tanam dihatiku sebulan sebelum berpuasa akhirnya terjawab. Walaupun pada satu saat (hari Rabu) aku hanya dapat berpuasa setengah hari kerana gastrik, aku bangga dengan diriku kerana buat pertama kalinya dapat berpuasa penuh (not all female teenagers get to experience this).Setelah tamat pengajian di Subang Jaya baru-baru ini, aku pulang semula ke tanah airku (Singapura) dan fikirkan dapat berpuasa dengan keluargaku tetapi tafsiran aku salah kerana mereka berada di rumah kami di Johor Bahru manakala aku berada di rumah kami di Singapura.Tetapi tidak mengapa kerana Johor Bahru dan Woodlands dekat je



 MsGreenLover wrote :


1)I want to be better than last year.
2)do as much ibadah (such as terawikh and ngaji) as possible.
3)learn something new. :)
And lastly...
4)less gossiping (be it on twitter or facebook.) :)
Okay..those are what I wanna do during the holy month of Ramadhan. :)
Hehe..make sure you compile my list eh (tak tau malu.) 



TheVerite wrote :


To read The Al-Quran religiously, wake up to do Qiyam during the auspicious nights and give food to my neighbours and also to Darul Ma'wa! InsyahAllah, Amin!



As you noticed, everyone views Ramadhan differently but what brings all these views together is the "spirit" of fulfilling time and money into good use in this month full of blessings from the Almighty.

So how about the rest of us? Have we accomplished the goals that we set? Or are we even on track towards achieving it?

Personally, my goal every year is to learn more about my own religion. Through learning, we will be able to gain more knowledge and our "closeness" with Him will naturally materialize without 'forcing' into cultivating strong beliefs. So how do I accomplish that?

For me, this year has been a quite encouraging because honestly, I have never spent so much time to the mosques daily other than the Friday prayers to learn about Islam. But after admiring some of the beautiful and historic architectures of our local mosques here, both interior and exterior, my journey to the mosque has been rather quite smooth. It is like a short break each part of the day to seek forgiveness and peace. The feeling is just awesome. Furthermore, the volunteers who spent most of their time ensuring that Ramadhan events are smooth ones, have been welcoming in the quest to build a closer bond between fellow believers.

I'm lost for words to describe how dedicated these volunteers are and how their boundless energy has facilitated everyone who visits the mosque. It is pleasant to see fathers and mothers, many of whom after their work, brought their families for 'terawih', a set of prayers performed in the month of Ramadhan.

Not to mention, the collection of 'fitrah', a part of individual Muslim's income for the less fortunate has been a smooth process. I have to even admit that after settling them, I felt really at ease knowing that I have done the minimum part of charity for the less fortunate. May Allah bless them.

I would love to share some photos here but I would recommend you to follow me on Facebook as I have a special album entitled "Ramadhan 2011" just as my form of sharing my Ramadhan experience to you.

Wish you a blessed ending to the month of Ramadhan especially the last crucial 10 days known as 'Lailatul Qadr', a special night where our religious deeds will be worth more than a thousand months.

May we all achieve them and last but not least, a meaningful Eid with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment