Friday 23 September 2011

Syawal Experience (featuring Nadzirah Isa)

Hi everyone!

Syawal is ending fast and I am sure most of you have more or less enjoyed visiting your loved ones.
As for me, this festive month has more or less been a busy one. So many events that occur and things have changed and moved rapidly without us realizing.

Gone are the times where week in and week out, I will always be looking forward to putting on my 'baju melayu' to go visiting either with family and friends.  Well, that's life. We grow older and have more responsibilities on our shoulders each day.

Nonetheless, I have taken this time to share this short post on Syawal. No, I will not be telling you about my experience but I will be featuring a follower of mine from our famous online micro-blogging site, Twitter to share her Syawal experience.


The perfect word to describe my first Syawal is inspiring.

“Wa’alaikumsalam!”, the crowd responded ecstatically to my family's greeting. We don't hear that kind of high-spirited and welcoming response anticipating our arrival every day, don't we? The aroma of the beef rendang, sambal goreng, lauk lodeh and beef steak lingered in our nose as we greet our beloved uncles, aunties and cousins. Apart from the updates on our personal lives, other few hot topics were Presidential Election and Improving Life as a Muslim. 

“Thank you for all your support and doa-s”, my cousin expressed her feelings after breaking the news of her pursuing Doctorate in Education in London.

“Tak chay-bok”, replied one of my uncle after being asked who he voted for PE’11. One of the many humorous jokes that caused the house to shake for a good ten seconds.

“Ilmu itu ada. Kita tinggal gali sahaja”, adviced another cousin who is majoring in Usuluddin on how-to-be-a-better-Muslim in this century. 

Above all, we, Muslims in Singapore, should be aware that house visiting tradition inject with sense of atonement; ask for forgiveness has great potential in reaching out to people and make a difference in their lives.

Yours sincerely,

Nadzirah Isa


Follow @zirasyazyra on Twitter


I might be sharing another post towards to end of Syawal, probably a collage of photos from anyone who is willing to share their festive celebrations.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment